Sunday, September 14, 2008

Magnolia Beverage Masters Website Hits Page 1 of Google!


Nope, the San Miguel Beermen has not won a game in the regular season just yet. I just would like to take the time to celebrate my wins in terms of putting up a website for the Magnolia Beverage Masters, San Miguel Beermen's old name during the 2007-2008 season.

It was December of 2007 when I started to write posts about updates on Magnolia Beverage Masters. I did not noticed that the number of posts already reached 76 after my last post to declare a new website in lieue of the change in name.

Fast forward to September, 2008. This was the only time I am writing this but I already noticed that it was already in Page 1 of Google 1-2 months before for the search term "Magnolia Beverage Masters"! Hep hep hooray! Go ahead and try to search it for yourself.

Update: As the website does not contain any new updates since the transfer to this website, its ranking in Google dropped. Another possible cause are the lost links (300+ of them in my posts) from the PBA forum, which till now is down.


What brought it to Page 1 of Google is my hardwork to increase its Page Rank (Page Rank 1 today) as well as optimizing the website for Philippine basketball-related keywords. The results are more visitors finding the website through Google's organic web search and an increase in the traffic monetization through various web advertising companies including Google itself.

After such success, I'm confident that I will be able to replicate it using this website with a more competitive keywords in "San Miguel Beermen". If you do a Google search for "San Miguel Beermen", it will indicate that there are a million plus results. That should tell you that I am going against more websites and web pages with the keyword "San Miguel Beermen" including those published a few years ago.

Why millions? It's because the product "San Miguel Beer" and the company name "San Miguel" are subsets of the basketball team name "San Miguel Beermen". That will take hardwork to penetrate even within the top 10 or top 5 pages but I'm up for the challenge.

Once we penetrated the top 10 pages, I will post it here to celebrate once again. Cheers!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Scrapur

0 comments: